Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client to ASA - Connection disconnects with Reason 412 or 433

karim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Connecting to ASA 5505 (VPN server) via a remote VPN Client (Ver. 5.0.07.0440).  Connecting works fine with no issues, however when no traffic is sent or received over the tunnel the connection disconnects with the message:  Secure VPN Connection terminated by Peer.  Reason 412 (Reason Not Specified by Peer).  Everytime it disconnects at the 1min 38sec point.  To try to resolve this issue, I check the VPN Client > Properties for the Connection Entry > Transport tab > and the 'Peer response timeout (seconds): was set to 90 seconds.  I changed the seconds from 90 to the maximum 480 seconds and this improved things - now the connection disconnects at the 8min 8sec point.

These remote VPN connections are used for remote workers and sometime the connection stay idle for longer than 8 minutes.  Does anyone know how set it up so that the Peer response timeout is disabled.

Thanks

K

15 Replies 15

Hi,

I discovered the issue. It had to do with the tunnel's extended ACL, once I edited the ACL to allow the remote LAN access the issue was resolved.

Thanks everyone for helping.

K

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App