cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client will not pass traffic over sattelite link.

bobfinke
Level 1
Level 1

VPN Client running on 2KPro establishes tunnel with 3005 but does not pass any traffic. I have tried using different parameters for split tunnel but nothing works. Monitoring 3005 shows absolutely no traffic hitting concentrator. The host machine connects to satellite modem via USB. The same credentials work for a dialup or cable modem link. While tunnel is up the host can surf the web.

3 Replies 3

steve
Level 1
Level 1

Ask your provider if they support VPN over satellite.

Most are honest enough to admit that it usually doesnt work too well if at all..hence your problem.

cheers

Steve

andrewharding
Level 1
Level 1

I have set up a VPN connection with a 3002 Hardware Client to a 3030 over Inmarsat and although the connection is predictably slow we are able to provide users with access to Inter/Intranet, Exchange email and we are able to remote control using UniCenter RCO. The hardware client, apart from the obvious physical difference, uses pretty much the same methods of VPNing as the software client, and in fact before we designed this system, the users were using a stand alone PC with an ISDN modem and the normal software VPN client over the same satellite link. Can you provide (no passwords, obviously :-) ) the config details on the software client and the group and user settings on the 3005?

harton
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen this issue with users connecting to their DSL or cable modem via USB. I had the users connect with ethernet and all was fine. If you are not running v.3.6.3 or 4.0 of the VPN client, you may want to have them try upgrading if they can not switch over to ethernet.