cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Concentrator and Login Script

harvey.dewan
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone point me in the correct direction, I am trying to launch a script when users connect to the conectrator. We are using the version 4.7 on the concentrator and 4.7 of the cisco client as well.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

Double-click the VPN client icon on your desktop.

The VPN Client window opens with the Configuration tab forward (see Figure 3-1).

Select a login name.

Click the Connect button.

Respond to each security prompt. Your configuration might require you to respond to one or more of the following security prompts:

Encryption Password

Shared Secret

RADIUS Login

SecurID challenge

Axent Defender challenge

Not sure what this reply has to do with the question.

Bryan.Carter
Level 1
Level 1

On the client, go to the Options > Application Launcher tab. CLick on Enable, and put in the executable you want to run.

A couple of notes -

1) As far as I've been able to tell the name of the script needs to be an executable. login.vbs won't work unless you front end it with the csript or wscript command which is actaully the name of the execuatable. It seems like I may have even had to put that all in a .bat or .cmd file and just call that.

2) Whatever you run from here will begin immediately upon a connection attempt, regardless of the status of the connection. This can cause problems if you try to attach to network resources that aren't available until the connection is completed. If you search the interenet for a tool called VPNRASHook (I think), you will find a way to issue a ping from vbscript which will allow the script to wait until resources are actually available before attempting to connect to them

Hope this helps.

BKC