Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN connection has been suspended longer than a time limit

PeterLin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello~

Sometimes I found VPN disconnection with my AnyConnect. When disconnection happens, there was an error message prompt:

"Your connection to the secure gateway has been suspended longer than the allotted time limit. A new connection is necessary, which requires re-authentication."

(Also attached the error message picture here)

Anyconnect_Disconnect_Error.jpg

But my internet was at good condition when this error happens, I could browse any website. Does some someone know what's the reason of this error? 

Thank you.

1 Reply 1

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @PeterLin 

This could be Network connectivity issues. Even though your internet connection may be working fine, there may be intermittent network connectivity issues that are causing the VPN connection to drop. This could be due to issues with your ISP, network congestion, or other network-related problems.

Also, some VPN clients have settings that can affect the stability of the VPN connection. For example, if the VPN client is configured to use a low MTU value, it may cause the connection to drop more frequently.

Check the timeout value. This value for VPN connections is usually set by the VPN server administrator. If the timeout value is set too low, it may cause your VPN connection to drop frequently.

And, If the VPN gateway/server is handling a large number of connections, it may become overloaded and drop connections to free up resources

--Check the VPN server logs to see if there are any errors or issues that could be causing the connection to drop.

--Try to increase the timeout value for VPN connections on the VPN server.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: