cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN connection possible with iTap RDP using 4150L mifi and RVO82 through PPTP??

CWBDDSPC820
Level 1
Level 1

Alrighty, I feel like a little fish in the big ocean posting here, but I posted the following on the verizon support pages and it was suggested I try here as well.  If anyone can be of help, it would be much appreciated. I can try to get you any additional information you might need, but I may need directions on how to get it for you.  Thank you, thank you!

Hello, let me first apologize if  this information is already "out there" some place.  I have been looking  and have just not found out whether it is possible to make this work or  not.  Background information, have had the 4150L for probably about a  year and haven't had a bit of trouble with it.  I just updated the  firmware this morning and it still seems to be working great.  This is  the first upgrade I have ever done to it.  Anyway, what I am trying to  accomplish, I have discovered that I can remotely connect to my office  computer through my iPad using itap RDP and a VPN connection.  I have  already been able to use itap RDP in the office to show patients their  x-rays etc... on the iPad.  I have a cisco RVO82 router and my office  software suggests the use of a PPTP VPN to connect remotely.  I have  checked all the settings and I have everything set as described.  The  iPad shows a VPN connection icon but when I try to connect to my  computer, I get a TCP error.  From what I have read, some people are  able to connect via VPN on the 4150L and others are not.  I cannot tell  exactly how they are doing it.  I read the double NAT stuff and am not  sure if that is what my problem is, or if this is just not possible to  do given my system.  I am happy to try and get any other information you  would, but you will probably have to tell me how to get it.  I do  appreciate any suggestions you may have, or, if I just can't do this,  thanks for reading.

Chris

1 Reply 1

Herbert Baerten
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Chris,

not sure what an 4150L is exactly but in any case, since the RV series are part of the "Small Business" range of Cisco products, I suggest moving this post or re-posting in the forum, and clarifying whether you are actually trying to set up a VPN from this4150L  device to your RV082, or from your iPad to your RV082?

good luck

Herbert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: