cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Connects but can't ping ASA

chris.bias
Level 1
Level 1

Hello I just got our ASA RAVPN working and it seems that we are unable to ping the ASA or any other internal network device. We use a Sonicwall as well but the VPN uses the same IP range as our old VPN but I don't know why it isn't talking to the internal devices. Any assistance would be great attached is the DART bundle.

4 Replies 4

rmfalconer
Level 1
Level 1

So your client range on the ASA is the same as on your Sonicwall? If that's the case, the routing for that subnet goes to your Sonicwall, not the ASA. You need a different range or update the route for the existing range.

@Sheraz.Salimand @rmfalconer I change the IP address scheme to a different one and also made sure the global policy was set right.

@Sheraz.Salim   and @rmfalconer  this did not work either though.

so you are not able to ping the internal network behind the ASA via RAVPN. could you confirm if the policy-map global_policy has inspect icmp and inspect icmp-error.

policy-map global_policy
  class inspection_default
    inspect icmp

please do not forget to rate.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: