cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN for Banks

arsondhi
Level 1
Level 1

Are there any Banks/Financial Institutions that are implementing VPNs instead of Private Networks?

If I want to design for a Bank then what are the arguments for it?

3 Replies 3

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

You will want to check with your Systems Engineer at your local Cisco office to get case studies from Banks and/or other organizations who have agreed to provide such information.

You can locate our authorized resellers on Cisco.com at: http://www.cisco.com/public/crs/locator/

If there is someone in the forum willing to provide basic information please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

bwalchez
Level 4
Level 4

I would say the arguments are the same for banks as with any other customer. The best obviously being the cost-savings over dedicated leased lines. Others arguments include scalability and compatibility with just about any architecture.

chenson
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry for the delayed reply, I just wanted to let you know the issues for a bank a very different than any other institution. The fed keeps a very strict listing of policies for what financial institutions may or may not do to transport customer information. You might want to check with a fed rep before designing a VPN network that might not be permitted. I used to work for a bank and the only VPNs we were allowed to implement (back then) were between us and other business partners where no costomer data was being transmitted.

Charles