cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN for Wireless But not for Ethernet Port

gus16146
Level 1
Level 1

Use a cellular connection with a Cisco VPN for work. But need to access the ethernet port for a ethernet camera that I need to put in a specific IP address. Have not been successful. Can anybody help.

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- The reason why you are not able to access the Ethernet port for the Ethernet camera when you are connected to the Cisco VPN is because the VPN creates a tunnel between your device and the VPN server. This tunnel encrypts all traffic that passes through it, including traffic to and from the Ethernet port.

To access the Ethernet port, you need to configure the Cisco VPN to allow local LAN access. This can be done by enabling the AllowLocalLanAccess setting in the AnyConnect client.

Here are the steps on how to do it:

1.Open the AnyConnect client.
 2.Click on the Options button.
 3.Click on the Advanced tab.
 4.Under the Split Tunneling section, check the box next to AllowLocalLanAccess.
                       Click on the OK button.

Once you have enabled AllowLocalLanAccess, you should be able to access the Ethernet port for the Ethernet camera.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '