Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN NAT traversal (RV340)

Elcondor1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In datasheet product : HERE it is specified that the router can do NAT traversal VPN but I can not find the option!

In router RV320 the option is present but not in the RV340 is this normal? It's really annoying
I have last firmware update

2 Replies 2

chrissteffen
Level 1
Level 1

With firmware 1.0.03.20 I can establish a site-to-site-VPN-connection with a customer who is using NAT traversal. Although I don't have this option in the RV340 the connection ist established and working. Seems the RV340 does this automatically.

nagrajk1969
Spotlight
Spotlight

HI

(local-subnet)----[RV340-GW1](static-wan-ip)-----{internet-isp-router}(nat/masquerade)-------(static-wan-ip)[RV34X-GW2]---(remote-subnet)

Yes, there used to be an option to enable or disable NAT-T in older legacy versions of IKEv1-only ipsec tunnel applications/programs such as Racoon-IKEv1 and also older versions of Strongswan...upto v4.6.4...

Later with IKEv2 which has NAT-T support built-in by default...and hence cannot be user-configured, later versions of IPSec-applications that supported both IKEv1 and IKEv2 stopped giving a choice of enable/disable NAT-T for IKEv1 tunnels...

Now all ipsec software support NAT-T automatically...for both IKEv1 and IKEv2 tunnels...

Hence there is NO setting provided in RV340...if your deployment is as above...then you WILL AND MUSE REQUIRE NAT-T...SO WHY NOT AUTOMATICALLY...as IKE will identify whether nat-t is required or not during the negotiation with PeerGw...