cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN over ADSL connection problems

januscomputers
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, I have two 857 routers connecting two remote sites via VPN. IP addresses of local sites are totally different. I can ping between the two sites ok. I can set up a telnet session

ok but when the screen refreshes with any amount of data the session hangs. I cannot set up a RDP session between the two sites, it seems just to time out. Both site can connect to the internet without any problems. I have tried changing the mtu values but this has no effect. The vpns stay connected ok.

Anyone any ideas. Thanks in advance Ash Beale.

6 Replies 6

attrgautam
Level 5
Level 5

Just set MSS on the interface facing the IPSec cloud.

ip tcp adjust-mss 1300 and see if this helps

Thanks for the prompt response but I'm still a learner on the Cisco routers. Please could you advise me exactly where I need to be and which interface. I have ATM0, ATM0.1 and Dialer0 and don't know which one I really need to alter. Also could you please tell me when I can find the current settings.

Many thanks, Regards, Ash.

Hi Attrqgautam, I have answered my own question, made the changes you suggested and its looking good. I will let you know if the changes have resolved all of my problems.

Regards, Ash

Hi

Well MSS is the maximum segment size and i generally apply it on outgoing interfaces. Default MSS is always MTU-40. Let me know how u r doing (kinda curious)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1839/products_feature_guide09186a00804247fc.html

This link shud help u more

Hi,

I changed the setting as you suggested and all now appears to work ok. Even remote Unix printing works.

Thanks for your help.

Regards, Ash

Well a sincere request to rate posts if they are useful. Helps give a positive feedback.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: