cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN over HughesNet

mamuratet
Level 1
Level 1

I just installed a HughesNet HN9000 satellite modem and I am trying to access my VPN at work via a 4.9.01 client on Mac OS X 10.5.3. It doesn't work. The client will connect and I get the login banner from the remote concentrator but I can't see any of the local servers. I see in other forums that HughesNet has been successfully tested with a 30-K9 which is part of the t3000 concentrator and no longer supported. I have seen in other forums an indication that the problem stems from the lack of a static IP from HughesNet. Can anyone suggest what I might do or buy that will enable me to get in?

1 Reply 1

sukidoushi
Level 1
Level 1

I have this same problem on a Window 7 HP laptop. My Cisco Services VPN doesn't work on HughesNet Gen4. However, my brother and my father also use a Cisco VPN when they come to visit and they have no problems and can connect and use it just fine. For me, it says it connects, but seems to send no data and disconnects roughly every 2 minutes give or take ten seconds saying the remote host is no longer responding. Hughesnet says it's because Gen4 doesn't support a static IP, but my brother says that's bogus because his VPN works on my connection, so it must be a configuration issue somewhere. Plus, my brother says they really only refresh the IP once every few weeks at most, so that wouldn't cause an issue. Obviously, there must be a fix. The question is, what is it?

My VPN client is the Cisco Systems Client version 5.0.07.0290, btw.