Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Randomly Drops Packets

We have an ASA5510 and are using Anyconnect with client - SSL version.

We used to have a problem where people randomly could not log in and would get a login failed message. I would do a RADIUS test on their account and it would be fine. Those problems have since gone away and now users can always log in. When they could log in before this cleared up, they were always able to RDP or access mail or whatever resources they needed. It's not a permissions thing.

However, access to network resources is intermittent at best but fails the majority of the time. Most remote users only connect so they can get access to email or Remote Desktop to a computer back at work. I have allowed the RDP port through so that's not the problem. Most of the time they can access network shares but on occasion they can't. 

The only time I have been able to simulate the problem with the packet tracer (most times it works), it gave me this error:

Type: WEBVPN-SVC

Subtype: in

Result: DROP

I'm really stuck here and my users are are getting more and more frustrated. I tried upping the concurrent connections just out of curriosity and that allowed my user to finally remote desktop in but then it quickly disconnected the RDP session. It just failed. Not sure if this was coincidental. 

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this or on what the actual problem is would be much appreciated. Also, let me know if you need more info.

1 Reply 1

Did you solve your this?

I have a similar problem were there are DTLS TX drops for AnyConnect sessions.