Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN stopped working after ISP change

jsf
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I will preface my question with the following information, I am quite new the Cisco world and still use the ASDM for most of configuration changes with some command line experience.

ASA-5508-X / v9.7(1)4

I’ve been running this ASA on a secondary network for a week and it has been running flawlessly.  I successfully configured the remote client VPN using AnyConnect and the Clientless SSL VPN and it worked on the lab bench when connecting from an outside network.

After switching the ASA to new outside connection (new ISP), the VPN stopped working.  Right now, I’m focusing on the clientless SSL VPN.  Port 443 is open and listening, but the ASA fails to respond to connection requests.

Where should I be looking to troubleshoot this problem?

Thank you.

18 Replies 18

Hi RJI,

Great guide.  I can now access the clientless VPN and can download AnyConnect.  The only problem I have with AnyConnect is the captive portal detection error which is more likely something to do with the certificate I generated mismatching the IP I'm using the connect.  I'll work on that part next.

All the best.

Hi,

Glad to hear it's now working, this post has some information on how to enroll certificate if that helps.

Regarding captive portal, you can enable/disable detection manually on the client or use the Profile Editor to modify the profile and push out.

HTH

Thanks for the link, added it to my toolbox.

Almost there, one last error message when using AnyConnect:

The secure gateway has rejected the connection attempt.  
The following message was received from the secure gateway; No assigned address.

DHCP server problem?

Probably or no ip local pool is defined or referenced in the GP