cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN through 2 x NAT routers?

jeffrey.girard
Level 1
Level 1

I am working on my CCIE Voice. I have built a home lab and have it segregated from my home network via a VPN concentrator. I want to be able to access my lab to continue my studies while I travel for work. I have put the appropriate mappings into my NAT router and am able to connect from the "Internet" side of my NAT router through my VPN Concentrator to my voice lab network. However, when I travel, I usually end up behing the hotel's NAT router as well. From there, I am not able to make a connection. VPN client returns a message that the concentrator is not responding.

Network diagram:

Voice lab-VPN Concentrator-home network-NAT router-Internet-Nat router-hotel room.

Any help on how to overcome this problem - or is there another solution to achieve the same endstate (being able to access my home lab from a hotel room)

Jeff

1 Reply 1

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would set up an ipsec profile on your router (like ezvpn server) and create a vpn tunnel from the hotel into your device using Cisco's software client in order to be able to get to it. Once your tunnel is up, you shouldn't be blocked by the hotel or anything.

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***