cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vpn tunnel dropping

sulochana123
Level 1
Level 1

I have vpn tunnel between AWS amazon and my organization network. One of our private network(10.x.x.x)couldn't communicate with AWS. But, when we initiate a ping from 10.x.x.10 sever,  it works. After ping from server to AWS , every IP on 10.x.x.x started to communicate with AWS. Again after certain time it started to drop the packet and again I have to repeat the process to establish a connection . Please  help to get out from this issue. What is the reason for this and how to resolve this kind of issue. I am using 5510 asa .

2 Replies 2

rvarelac
Level 7
Level 7

Hi sulochana123

Ensure the crypto ACL on both sides match equally, this could be the reason of the problem.

Also if  the tunnel is a dynamic-to-static configuration , you can only initiate the traffic from the dynamic site. 

Hope it helps

-Randy-

Thank you Randy, I am also curious about why after ping initiation from server, 10.x.x.x subnet, all IP can start to communicate and why after certain time period again it started to drop the packet. My other side is at amazon and I have to find the way to check crypto acl on that side . I tried check the acl but could not find the crypto acl part in AWS amazon side. Please suggest me the way to check acl on AWS part.

Thanks and Regards,

Sulochana