Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Tunnel for an ASA with dynamic IP

Patrick Werner
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Communitiy.

Can someone please post a simple config for an ASA with dynamic IP connected to an ASA with a static IP. I have read some manual's and how to's. But neither works with my ASA. All the how to's are from older software versions, i'm using softwareversion 9.0.

Does someone have a tunnel and group policy config for the dynamic IP ASA and the static IP ASA.

Thanks in advance and greetings patrick   

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Maybe this document might help or have you already had a look at it?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_tech_note09186a0080bc7d13.shtml

It gives simple examples of HUB with static public IP address and 2 SPOKE sites with dynamic public IP addres. Both a Cisco Router and Cisco ASA:

In my own work I rarely run into situation where I have to configure VPN between sites while the other site has a dynamic IP address. Though the situations that I have run into have been done by using an ASA5505 as Network Extension Mode Hardware client.

I really should lab the above documents setup someday myself too.

- Jouni

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Maybe this document might help or have you already had a look at it?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_tech_note09186a0080bc7d13.shtml

It gives simple examples of HUB with static public IP address and 2 SPOKE sites with dynamic public IP addres. Both a Cisco Router and Cisco ASA:

In my own work I rarely run into situation where I have to configure VPN between sites while the other site has a dynamic IP address. Though the situations that I have run into have been done by using an ASA5505 as Network Extension Mode Hardware client.

I really should lab the above documents setup someday myself too.

- Jouni

That was it, it's definitely that easy as described above. Thanks Jouni.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: