Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Tunnels

rodrigo
Level 1
Level 1

Here is the doubt.

if i have a pix to pix conection, for instance a x.x.0.1 network under one pix and a x.x.1.1 under the other pix and the hosts x.x.0.1 and x.x.0.2 access the server on the x.x.1.1 i will use 2 licenses on one pix and 1 lincese on the other pix, and if a host x.x.0.1 access the servers x.x.1.1 and x.x.1.2 how many licenses will I use. 2? 1?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

scoclayton
Level 7
Level 7

From experience, I can assure you that you are playing games here that are going to be no fun to play. License your 501 for the number of internal hosts that the 501 needs to support, period. Do not be concerned about the number of "external" users that are going to utilizing internal resources. The PIX counts "local-host" entries when enforcing the license. You can always see this information by issuing a 'sh local-host' command on the PIX.

Scott

ok so I have made a test here and I've noticed that when one ip x.x.0.1 access the two servers under the other pix x.x.1.1 and x.x.1.2 i use one license for hte x.x.1.1, another license to x.x.1.2 and another one on the conection to the broadcast. Now the thing is, how can I set a timeout for the local-host? It is usefull to have a timeout for the local-host?