cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN users lists

yeow28
Level 1
Level 1

how do i checked which local VPN user account is not active eg. not login using the VPN client after certain time?

i am using ASA firewall with about 40 local users account for vendors support etc..

i am trying to do housekeeping of the local VPN user account lists.

3 Replies 3

Tyson Joachims
Spotlight
Spotlight

There is not a way to see how long it has been since a user logged in. All that you can do is see who is logged in right now. The only way you might be able to tell is if you are running a syslog server and sending all the logs from the ASA to that server. You could query the history of logs for when a user logged in.

Now I'm assuming that these are users that are locally configured on the ASA and you have not setup AAA to a RADIUS server for external authentication of these VPN users. If that were the case, you could look at the logs on the RADIUS server for the last time that the users authenticated.

thanks.

Can i checked whether any of the user account is idle or did not login for some time without AAA or RADIUS server ?

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

ASA  not give you straight answer for this, you need to get information different sources like ASA / AAA / Radius / or AD / ISE

make out of the box and co-relate the informaiton and make a report.

what is the user source of the user list ? from ISE or AD ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help