cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN3005 Upg from 4.0(1) to 4.1(7) Requires FULL Client UPG??

palves
Level 1
Level 1

I need to upgrade a VPN Concentrator 3005 from 4.0(1) to 4.1(7).

Do I have to upgrade each and every VPN Client (software)?? Or can I push it down from the VPN concentrator itself?? There's a SOFTWARE UPDATE area on the concetrator itself for clients, it appears it can be pushed onto the client. Actually, I believe this area is for the VPN 3002 hardware versions only. Is there a more convenient way to upgrade software clients then doing plane old installs or SMS??

Anyone know if this is correct?

thanks,

Paul

2 Replies 2

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You don't need to upgrade the clients at all, you can just upgrade the concentrator and they'll still work.

You're correct in stating that the Client Upgrade menu option on the concentrator is for 3002 HW clients only. There is no easy way to upgrade the 4.x clients you're currently running remotely or automatically.

Having said that, the latest version of the client, v4.6, does now allow remote automatic updates, but you'll have to update manually to that version first. From then on you'll be able to push out updates to the clients via the concentrator. If you are going to upgrade the clients, make sure you upgrade to 4.6 so that in future, further upgrades will be a lot easier for you.

See http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/vpn/client/4_6/admin/vcach3.htm for details.

thanks for the advice!

Paul