cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vpnclient3.5-router ipsec issue

krolen
Level 1
Level 1

Have VPN Client3.5, Cisco 3640 with 12.2(8)T IPSEC option.

Client establishes tunnel, radius prompts for authentication which succeeds. Client displays the list of routes available (vpnclient stat route). Pings through the tunnel increment a byte count, however, no reply is received. The routes available include the two private networks, as well as the vpn router's public address. Basically, once the vpn client has connected (I do receive an IP from the pool), I cannot ping anything on the other side of the tunnel. I am behind a PIX firewall, with PAT, and the client is set for IPSEC through NAT.

3 Replies 3

david_prakken
Level 1
Level 1

Do you have a route back to the IP Pool on the inside? Sometimes this is the problem.

Dave

Sorry, left it out. Yes I do. Also did a sniff on two sides so far, my station and remote router side. Seems the pix is stopping it at the PAT, as I figured. (Not really stopping, just nating, which is killing the tunnel connection.) I guess I need to establish an IPsec over tcp connection to go around the nat on the pix...or any nat device for that matter. Thanks for thought.

A static NAT will solve that.

Dave