cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WEBVPN access issues ???better or worse than VPN clinet.

haleemkhan
Level 1
Level 1

sir,

We have Cisco VPN3030 concentrator deployed at our organization. we used cisco VPN clinent on remote PC's to access our company resources as if I am sitting on company network.

Ever since WebVPN emerged as a new tool eliminating the need for Cisco VPN clinent on your remote PC.I am finding difficult to access our company resources as freely as we were doing early.In webVPN you have to hyperlink your resources as if is a web page,It doesn't give me full access of my machine in the network.I have to convert all my resouces to HTTP based in order to access from Remote Internet.

Are there going to be more improvements in WebVPN from Cisco ??

2 Replies 2

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

WebVPN isn't designed that way, and so won't be changed to what you want.

WebVPN is designed for host access, whereas the software VPN client is designed for network access, very different. For example, you'll notice the WebVPN connection doesn't allocate an IP/WINS/DNS address to your PC, because it is not needed. You access each specific host via the web page front end, there is no way to access an entire network in this way.

If you want true network access, then you need to stick with the software VPN client.

Dear Ggullage,

your answer really helped drive away my confusion about WebVPN and VPN client.

Thank You

Haleem