Views
Helpful
Replies

WebVPN / Clientless VPN Customization

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I'm in the process of migrating an older (pre 8.3 software) ASA to a newer software and I would be interested to know to where/what the following command references to

group-policy <name> attributes

webvpn

customization value <name>

Is there supposed to be some file on the Flash of the ASA that contains the customization for the WebVPN / Clientless VPN or to what does the <name> section refer to.

I can't just copy paste this configuration to a blank ASA and I feel that there must be something on the original ASA I must also move to the new one if I want to keep the WebVPN settings as they are now wihtout redoing them manually.

- Jouni

3 Replies 3

Jitendra Siyag
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

if you are upgrading the same ASA then you only need to change the file type of the images uploaded.

i have done the migration and it works fine without any issue except the images were not loading then we converted them from jpg to gif. and it started showing.

ir you are moving to new ASA, then you may have to export the customization using below command and then import it again in the new ASA. also you will have to move the images.

export webvpn customization DfltCustomization tftp://X.X.X.X/dflt_custom

hope this helps.

Hi,

Thank you for the answer,

Clientless VPN is really something I have not had enough time to get familiar with even though it might have alot of interesting things.

It seems the command you posted above is related to exporting some default customization on the ASA. In my case there are several profiles for different Clientless VPNs and they all have their own named customization "value"

What I would specifically like to know is that where on the ASA does the information related to that customization get stored in? It doesnt seem to be anything directly in the running configuration so I'm kind of confused as to what the "value" is referencing to.

And information related to my case,

I only did a software upgrade on the device in question but was instested to know what the steps would be to carry over things like these customizations if we were to move to another ASA compeltely

I tested my 8.4 configuration on another ASA before the actual upgrade and would have also tested exporting these settings to the test ASA but didnt know how to do it. I personally always write the pre 8.3 configurations to 8.3 and after format by hand and never trust the device to do it for me.

- Jouni

Tested the command you provided on my own ASA even though it doesnt have any self made customizations.

I first misstyped the export command and the ERROR output actually revealed what the ASA was trying to copy. The successfull command doesnt give this same information though.

%ERROR: copying ramfs file 'custom.LLOAAA' to 'tftp://x.x.x.x/' failed (error code: 7)

Then to look what "ramfs" file and "custom-LLOAA" are and where they are actually located

- Jouni