Views
Helpful
Replies

What appliance to replace ASA5520 for SSL and Site to Site VPN

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi All

We are looking at replacing our current 5520 firewalls, they currently have about 80 site to site tunnels and up to around 500 remote access ssl vpn clients connected.

What kind of firewall should we replace these with? 5525X or a Firepower firewall?

cheers

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Yes you're right ASA5525 will be the right one as the one just before 5516 can't support more than 300 Anyconnect VPN.

I don't know what features are you using on your ASA (multiple context?) but if all features configured are supported in FTD (unified image), I'll move to it using Firepower 2100 hardware that are more performant than ASA 5525.

In terms of price, I honestly don't know but you can take a look on CCW or ask your local REP.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Yes you're right ASA5525 will be the right one as the one just before 5516 can't support more than 300 Anyconnect VPN.

I don't know what features are you using on your ASA (multiple context?) but if all features configured are supported in FTD (unified image), I'll move to it using Firepower 2100 hardware that are more performant than ASA 5525.

In terms of price, I honestly don't know but you can take a look on CCW or ask your local REP.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question