cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the meaning of syslog message 113019 in reason ?

jewfcb001
Level 4
Level 4

What is the meaning of syslog message 113019  ?

Reason

1. User Requested

- My understand , This message mean User request for disconnect session is it correct ? 

2. Lost Carrier

-  Please suggest

3. Lost Service

-  Please suggest

4. Unknown

-  Please suggest

Thank you 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Looking for more information about those %ASA-4–113019 session disconnects in your logs, especially the illusive “administrator reset”?
So was I. So I did a few experiments to see which “reason” my Cisco ASA gave me under different circumstances.
In my ASA logs, I typically saw four “reasons” for disconnects, for which there was zero explanation in Cisco’s documentation:
Administrator Reset
User Requested
Lost Service
Peer Reconnected
Here’s what I found typically for each “reason” for the disconnect. Leave me a note if you’ve found more & I’ll add them to this post.
Reason: Administrator Reset
I saw this illusive, not quite apt named “reason” in these instances:
When my primary Internet connection failed. In my log reading, I saw this error prior to the client VPN disconnect:
%ASA-6–622001: Removing tracked route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 <snip>
and then this message for a few VPN users, which is a clue also:
%ASA-4–113019: Group = group_name, Username = name, IP = x.x.x.x, Session disconnected. Session Type: IPsecOverNatT, Duration: h:m:s, Bytes xmt: x, Bytes rcv: x, Reason: Administrator Reset
Note: you’ll only see the ASA-622001 message if you’re using tracked routes to fail over to a backup Internet connection.
When I forcibly disconnected the user account with:
# vpn-sessiondb logoff name name
But I don’t do that often, or I’d end up with really annoyed users!
Reason: User Requested
Not surprisingly, I saw this “reason” for the disconnect when I disconnected my VPN client.

Reason: Peer Reconnected
I saw this “reason” when I turned off wireless on my laptop before disconnecting VPN.
Reason: Lost Service
I saw this “reason” when I disconnected the cable between my wireless router and the Internet — simulating a drop from my Internet provider.

please do not forget to rate.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Looking for more information about those %ASA-4–113019 session disconnects in your logs, especially the illusive “administrator reset”?
So was I. So I did a few experiments to see which “reason” my Cisco ASA gave me under different circumstances.
In my ASA logs, I typically saw four “reasons” for disconnects, for which there was zero explanation in Cisco’s documentation:
Administrator Reset
User Requested
Lost Service
Peer Reconnected
Here’s what I found typically for each “reason” for the disconnect. Leave me a note if you’ve found more & I’ll add them to this post.
Reason: Administrator Reset
I saw this illusive, not quite apt named “reason” in these instances:
When my primary Internet connection failed. In my log reading, I saw this error prior to the client VPN disconnect:
%ASA-6–622001: Removing tracked route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 <snip>
and then this message for a few VPN users, which is a clue also:
%ASA-4–113019: Group = group_name, Username = name, IP = x.x.x.x, Session disconnected. Session Type: IPsecOverNatT, Duration: h:m:s, Bytes xmt: x, Bytes rcv: x, Reason: Administrator Reset
Note: you’ll only see the ASA-622001 message if you’re using tracked routes to fail over to a backup Internet connection.
When I forcibly disconnected the user account with:
# vpn-sessiondb logoff name name
But I don’t do that often, or I’d end up with really annoyed users!
Reason: User Requested
Not surprisingly, I saw this “reason” for the disconnect when I disconnected my VPN client.

Reason: Peer Reconnected
I saw this “reason” when I turned off wireless on my laptop before disconnecting VPN.
Reason: Lost Service
I saw this “reason” when I disconnected the cable between my wireless router and the Internet — simulating a drop from my Internet provider.

Hi Sheraz

Thank you for information .
Can you more explain the reason below ?

2. Lost Carrier
4. Unknown

Lost Carrier

mean lost connection to peer it could be a link failure of outside interface where the tunnel is setup. 

Unknown. no idea unless you setup a capture and capture the asp drop this could give you a value able inforamtion. I just check the cisco documentation there is nothing mentioned on Unknown.

Lost Carrier

mean lost connection to peer it could be a link failure of outside interface where the tunnel is setup. 

Unknown. no idea unless you setup a capture and capture the asp drop this could give you a value able inforamtion. I just check the cisco documentation there is nothing mentioned on Unknown.

@sheraz

Thank you so much for your answer . 

Happy to help not long ago we had a similar issue and i was dig into this but could not find any information. I lab up and prove the the concept. please do not forget to make this answer as it will help other engineer like you and me. and might help cisco TAC too. 

@sheraz

"might help cisco TAC too"
This word was joke
Haaa . Thank you