cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the minimum supported internet speed for a client to establish an AnyConnect session

KeithHontz1580
Level 1
Level 1

We have a few clients with slower connections and are experiencing severe workability issues.

What is the slowest recommended ISP speed that will successfully allow a functional connection. 

Understanding that faster is always better but some people live in areas where highspeed is not available so we are trying to set a standard for minimum acceptable speeds for Work From Home.

Any guidance or recommendations would be appreciated.

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Most ISP offer nowadays decent speed, you can connect to VPN slowest link like 512kbps also I do not see any issue connection point of view. the question is application support requirement changes.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I don't think using AnyConnect would add any complexity here. I think the slow connectivity issue is regardless if the users are connected through VPN or not. One thing I would recommend in this case if you are not already doing it would be to use AnyConnect SSL VPN rather than IKE since it is faster.

KeithHontz1580
Level 1
Level 1

Our higher ups were looking for a baseline to establish since some that are experiencing slowness blame it on the systems and when you have literally hundreds of connections not being impacted I didn't know if there was a recommended minimum.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There's no recommended minimum for AnyConnect to work. It can literally be usable on an old 56 kbps modem over a dial up telephone line should one be available.

Various applications have minimums - for instance Microsoft recommends at least 1.2 Mbps for Teams, Zoom requires 800kbps/1.0 Mbps (up/down), WebEx 2 Mbps etc.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: