Views
Helpful
Replies

Which device best for the VPN solution.

Qamrul huda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have running a windows VPN server with RADIUS server in our company. VPN is L2TP

VPN server O/S is windows 2003 and RADIUS (Active Directory) Server O/S is windows 2012.

Our VPN users have connected simultaneously maximum 20/25

We are unable to restrict on VPN users for network resources accessibility.

VPN users can access everything in our network. But do not want this.

• We want to restrict on VPN users who can access particular/multiple IP address or devices/ servers.

Like deny all except this IP or some IPs.

• Also we want to use our existing RADIUS (Active directory) server for VPN user’s authentication.

So would any one let me know which device can I purchase for above solution?

We want also cheap price solution   

3 Replies 3

Can't help you with any cheap solution, but a Cisco ASA 5506-X with AnyConnect PLUS license could fit your needs:

• You can connect up to 50 Users simultaneously to the VPN
  • It's a fully supported VPN-gateway that get's regularly bugfixes and new features
  • Authentication can be done by RADIUS or even native with LDAP
  • Users can be restricted with Access-Control-Lists

• And you can extend it to a fully NGFW if you wish to.

Hi karsten lwen,

Thanks for your advice. Would you please ensure me if we purchase following device for my required setup?

ASA5505-BUN-K9 with CON-SMBS-AS5BUNK9.

Actually I have got price quotation from local vendor and they said me, we can create unlimited VPN users with fulfills my requirement by this products.      

You also could use the 5505 for VPN, but this device is approaching EOS/EOL soon and shouldn't be bought any more. From a technological standpoint the 5505 is already outdated.

And if the vendor offers to "create" unlimited users (which are max 25 on the 5505) then it's time to change the vendor. Although there are key-generators for the license key in the wild, using them is a violation of the license terms.