cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WIC1-AM on Cisco 2801 Routers malfunctioning

basheerpt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I wish i will find a permanent solution for my issue which i face for last 8 months.

I had purchased 5 Cisco 2801 routers to setup in our network which involves

branch offices and the head office. The branch offices are in different cities. We purchased these rounters with one WIC1-AM for each router keeping in mind to have a backup dialup line once the main link is down. The problem area is here. We have tested the Routers with

configurations for backup line in our Head office, it worked fine. But when we send them to some of the branch offices, it started malfunctioning. The dialup WIC plays crazy with us.Sometimes works for 10 minutes, and disconnects. One of the branches, the WIC never got up!!.

Only two branches is properly working now with backup line in WIC-1AM. We have tried the same configurations on the affected routers too, but the result was not hopeful.

On the same telphone lines, we were (and still) using zyxel prestige 100 MH router and is working perfectly without any single problem to note!

Thanks for any light to shed on this!

1 Reply 1

Hello Mohamed,

can you post what you have configured on the router(s) that are working ok ? Also, which IOS version are you running on the routers that do not work ? Can you post the outbut of 'debug modem' ? This should give an indication of what is happening...

Regards,

GP