cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WiFi connection drops with always on AnyConnect

jmeetze
Level 1
Level 1

We are running Secure Client version 5.0.01242 and hostscan version 4.10.06083. We have been noticing connectivity issues with our AnyConnect clients where the user will first bootup their laptops and AnyConnect starts and the login prompt comes up. If the user does not login within 30 seconds, the wifi will disconnect. The user will then reconnect to wifi, and the AnyConnect client is unable to reconnect to our VPN gateway. The only fix we have seen is to reboot and login within 30 seconds.

I've seen some similar posts where someone using HP laptops had an issue sort of similar to ours, but we are using Dells and I don't thing the fix from that post applies.

I'm wondering if anyone else has similar issues.  It's almost like the AnyConnect client is blocking all connectivity to anything if you do not connect within a certain time and reconnecting to wifi will not fix it.  To me, you should always be able to reach the VPN gateway even with Always On enabled.

1 Reply 1

OlayinkaRookie
Level 1
Level 1

Good day all. I'm also having this issue and was wondering if the original author or anyone else has a solution or even understands why it happens.