cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Will the AnyConnect essential license still work on newer ASA and AnyConnect versions?

Chess Norris
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

A customer is looking for help on upgrading an ASA with a very old software version (8.4.2) and AnyConnect version 3.0

I want to upgrade the ASA to 9.12 and and AnyConnect to 4.9, but since they are using AnyConnect essential licenses, I am not sure it will work on the newer versions of ASA/AnyConnect or if they need to convert the licenses to AnyConnect Plus first. 

Anyone who knows?

Thanks

/Chess 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The ASA actually does not care about that. You can first install a new license and keep AC on version 3. Or you can use AnyConnect 4 with an ASA with the old license.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

The Essentials license is EOL and not valid for AnyConnect 4. You need to buy either the "AnyConnect PLUS" or the "AnyConnect VPN-Only" license (whichever is cheaper in your setup, likely it's PLUS).

Thank you. 

Is it possible to install the VPN plus licenses prior the upgrade to AnyConnect 4.x and still be able to use the old AnyConnect 3.0 version or do we need to install the plus license at the same time that we switch the AnyConnect image to 4.9?

Thanks

/Chess

The ASA actually does not care about that. You can first install a new license and keep AC on version 3. Or you can use AnyConnect 4 with an ASA with the old license.

Chess Norris
Level 4
Level 4

That was what I hoped for. Thanks for your help.

/Chess