cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows 2000 Terminal Server and Cisco VPN Client Bug

jsopko
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem when trying to connect to establish a VPN from a Windows 2000 Terminal Server, but only from remote desktop sessions. This works perfectly fine if I am sitting in front of the Windows 2000 Terminal Server console, using the keyboard, mouse and monitor physically attached to the server. I can establish a VPN connection fine without a hitch. But when I run the Cisco VPN Dialer from a remote desktop session, I can see that it it runs a process called 'ipsecdialer.exe' and I can hit the Connect button. When I connect it launches another application that will prompt for a Username and Password. This process is called 'ipsxauth.exe'. The problem is that when this second application (ipsxauth.exe) is launched, it does not show up in the remote desktop terminal session window. Instead it gets launched and is not displayed. This is an issue because we have several customers using thin clients exclusively in the banking industry, and they need to connect to remote networks for various banking services via the Cisco VPN client. Other options are not available, as I've already discussed with several vendors about doing firewall to firewall IPSec VPNs and so forth. I've tried several versions of the Cisco VPN client, with 4.0.2 (D) being the most recently tested. Are there any known solutions to this problem, and/or is it something that's been resolved with a newer VPN client? Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

1 Reply 1

nikhil_m
Level 1
Level 1

any update on this ?