cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows 7 x64 VPN Client Support with SBL/PLAP

ANDY RIEDEL
Level 1
Level 1

Is there now or will there be a Windows 7 x64 VPN client supporting Pre-Login Access Provider (PLAP) which replaces Start Before Logon (SBL)?  I understand that Any Connect client supports this, but the customer requires VPN client (IPSec) rather than Any Connect (SSL) because of their current licensing on the ASA.  They have limited licensing for SSL.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

hdashnau
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is available with AnyConnect, however, there is currently no SBL/PLAP functionality for the traditional IPSec VPN client on Windows 7. There is an enhancement request for this feature but it has not been implemented and therefore I cannot give you any idea on if it will ever be supported, see CSCse47544.

-heather

View solution in original post

P.S. If I have answered your question please mark the post as resolved  and rate the responses. This helps us more easily identify which  questions remain unanswered and let us know how we are doing. Thanks in  advance!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

hdashnau
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is available with AnyConnect, however, there is currently no SBL/PLAP functionality for the traditional IPSec VPN client on Windows 7. There is an enhancement request for this feature but it has not been implemented and therefore I cannot give you any idea on if it will ever be supported, see CSCse47544.

-heather

P.S. If I have answered your question please mark the post as resolved  and rate the responses. This helps us more easily identify which  questions remain unanswered and let us know how we are doing. Thanks in  advance!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: