I had Windows 8 and was running Cisco AnyConnect client 3.0.10055 perfectly.
I upgraded to the Windows 8.1 preview and it tries to download update and then it fails and disconnects with the following message:
An unknown termination error occurred in the client.
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the client, no luck.
Solved! Go to Solution.
It comes down from the corporate firewall automatically.
I did more poking around on the internet and found the solution, Somehow after the upgrade to Windows 8.1 I wound up with two Cisco miniport drivers. I deleted one from the Device manager and it connects now.
I had the same issue with windows 8.1 x64. I believe there is an issue with the windows 8.1 update process where it fails to update some of the drivers properly. I have noticed this issue with other windows drivers after the update. Follow the steps below and you VPN should work again.
1. Uninstall Cisco Anyconnect client.
2. Go to Device Manager and Disable Cisco AnyConnect VPN Virtual Miniport Adapter for Windows x64
3. Go to C:\Windows\System32 and rename vpnva64.sys to vpnva64_Old.sys.
4. Reinstall Cisco Anyconnect client.
5. Go to Device Manager, you see duplicated Cisco AnyConnect VPN Virtual Adapters. Uninstall one of them but do not check the option to remove the driver.
6. Apply the registry fix in this blog: http://www.tomontech.com/2012/03/pro-tip-cisco-anyconnect-vpn-client-and-windows-8-consumer-preview/
7. Try to connect again and your Cisco VPN should work.
I have Windows 8.1, an updated version of my previous Windows 8.
When I install the 3.1.04072, I still have the 3.1.04065 driver version. Is that the reason I can not connect to my VPN?
The following link is to get an evtx file corresponding to the events into the Administrative Events logged when I tried to establish my VPN
I tried all the solutions found on Internet, but no result. Always the same error.
I found the answer to my problem. Kaspersky creates an invisible proxy to control the network trafic and when the cisco profil does not enable proxy, the VPN tunnel can not be established.
To connect to the VPN, I only have to disable Kasperky during my connexion and it works fine.
Thans for the guys who took time to read my problem.