cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows XP SP2 with CVPN Client

mcolarusso
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone been able to get the Cisco VPN Client to work on a Windows XP SP2 box?

3 Replies 3

japo
Level 1
Level 1

have you looked at the internet connection firewall elements within XPSP2? perhaps they are stopping something?

You have not mentioned how much progress or lack of it that you've made in your attempts.

ttaylor
Level 1
Level 1

To answer your question YES. We have PIX525 6.3(4) and client version 4.0.5(B). The issue is that we had others systems that were working and now they don't. The systems connect and establish a connection but don't pass any traffic. This can be seen using PDM. I am looking for a solution for the systems that quit working. I have turned off Firewall in XP and still no data will pass.

In the XP firewall option you need to open the ports 62514 and 62515 udp.. The Cisco client needs to use these ports for the IPsec connection. We saw a lot of this when XP SP2 came out.. If needed I have step by step instruction on how to resolve this issue. If you would like a copy of what we send out to our end users please email at dan.reynolds@globalpay.com