Views
Helpful
Replies

407 Proxy Authentication Required

Muhammad Khan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an application developer using using IronPort proxy for Internet. Ironport uses AD to authenticate users. This user is using an API that accesses external websites (google maps, virtual earth, geonames etc.). Problem is he is getting "407 Proxy Authetication Required" when he compiles his app. When I disable authentication for this user it works fine. I would like to know if there is a way to allow access to these websites without authentication for this user while authenticating to all other sites. I have also tried adding these sites to Proxy By pass list but that didn't help either. 

Rgds,

1 Reply 1

Hi,

First you have to create a Costum URL Category that matches the URLs you want to exclude.

Then you create an Identity that matches the user and in the advance features you select to mathc the costum URL defined and set not to authenticate this identity.

Then you create a Access Policy for this new Identity.

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: