cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WSA Interface Usage M1, P1 and P2

rmeans
Level 3
Level 3

I have a pair of WSA S370 and MSA M670 devices (total of 4 devices).  The WSA are set up for transparent redirection.  Currently have all WSA activity (both management and wccp) passing thru the M1 interface for each WSA device.  Each WSA device backs up the other.  My network design has two top of rack switches connecting to the distribution and core.  Each WSA M1 interface connects to a separate switch.

I am thinking of trying one of the following.  I am looking for comments and suggestions

Option 1

make the M1 interface only management activity and assign a unique network address

P1 and P2 interfaces will handle user traffic (wccp).  The interfaces will be assign unique IP addresses in the same network. Each P1/2 interface will connect into top of rack switches (P1 goes to switch A and P2 to switch B).

I believe the WSA has separate routing tables for the M1 and P1/2 interfaces.

Option 2

I have 2nd connection to the Internet (completely separate from the network described above).  I am thinking of connecting connecting the P1 interface to the 2nd Internet connection.  Will the WSA be able to handle WCCP traffic coming to both the M1 and P1 interfaces?

I have attached a visio diagram (multiple tabs) that might help explain the options better.

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: