Views
Helpful
Replies

Access Control Policies - custom URL Categories

DamianRC
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I have a user that would like to access https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/05/miss-out-on-the-nes-classic-itll-be-back-in-stores-soon/.

The site is blocked because the web category "Games"is not allowed. It is, however, possible to reach https://arstechnica.com and any other subpage that doesn't mention "game" or "gaming."

How do I fix this?

Adding .arstechnica.com or arstechnica.com to a custom URL does not work.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Handy Putra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Are you able to share the accesslogs from the WSA to see if it is hitting the correct decryption policy that you created with the custom URL category that you included.

Also you might want to add the IP address of arstechnica.com as well for example 50.31.169.131

According to ssl labs, the domain also using alternative names of .arstechnica.com, .arstechnica.co.uk arstechnica.co.uk, arstechnica.com

Best Regards

Handy Putra

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Handy Putra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Are you able to share the accesslogs from the WSA to see if it is hitting the correct decryption policy that you created with the custom URL category that you included.

Also you might want to add the IP address of arstechnica.com as well for example 50.31.169.131

According to ssl labs, the domain also using alternative names of .arstechnica.com, .arstechnica.co.uk arstechnica.co.uk, arstechnica.com

Best Regards

Handy Putra

Thank you for replying and solving.

I wasn't applying the URL to the URL category associated with decryption policy.

Thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: