Views
Helpful
Replies

antimalware updates

bijin bharathan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi techies,

i think my WSA is not updating perfectly.Please find the attached image.If you please advice me how to resolve this issue,it will be much helpfull.

Thanks

Bijin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

What is between your WSA and the internet? and how are you getting traffic to the WSA?

I seem to remember a similar problem when the using WCCP on an ASA firewall, and the ACL was set up such that the traffic from the WSA got bounced back to the WSA. 

Also make sure that the WSA IP can get out to the internet at all...

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

What is between your WSA and the internet? and how are you getting traffic to the WSA?

I seem to remember a similar problem when the using WCCP on an ASA firewall, and the ACL was set up such that the traffic from the WSA got bounced back to the WSA. 

Also make sure that the WSA IP can get out to the internet at all...

Ken,

i was expecting your answer here....thanks for the reply.....

I tried ping to 4.2.2.2  it is fine

I tried telnet to 4.2.2.2 on 80 it is fine...

Can u suggest me any other try that i missed here to confirm that the WSA is reaching internet.

I tried this also

wsa002.adec.ae> nslookup

Please enter the host or IP address to resolve.

[]> update-manifests.ironport.com

Choose the query type:

1. A       the host's Internet address

2. CNAME   the canonical name for an alias

3. MX      the mail exchanger

4. NS      the name server for the named zone

5. PTR     the hostname if the query is an Internet address,

otherwise the pointer to other information

6. SOA     the domain's "start-of-authority" information

7. TXT     the text information

[1]> 1

A=204.15.82.17 TTL=30m

wsa002.adec.ae>

Please help

My root question is if you are using WCCP, and if so, does the ACL for which traffic to bounce over to the WSA have an exception so that traffic from the WSA isn't bounced back to itself. (though I think you'd see other issues...)

Under System Administration>Upgrade and Update settings, you can see which "routing table" (aka interface, sort of) its using to go get the updates.  My management port is on a vlan that is not in the WCCP access list to get redirected  back through the WSA.

Also, check the updater logs, there may be something there...