cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any type of agent/client that makes end users authenticate?

We are using transparent domain authentication, so the user credentials are passed through to authenticate/log/report the end users web activity. Problem is, we have a couple generic accounts on some of the multi-user PCs (500+ hosts) for our nurses to use, so that they don't have to windows login everyt time they need to document something, the PC is just left logged in (restricted and locked down, of course)

We need to be able to report on those staff members though, and we can't remove internet access, and we can't force them to windows login as themself (corporate policy, they say it takes to long)

So, the question is, is there a software client that will prompt the generic machines to log into ironport when they try to access internet resources? We still want to maintain the pass-thru authentication for everyone else, just make it prompt for the machines that are logged in as a generic user. It would be WAY simpler to deploy a client software them manually reconfigure every one of those network ports to a separate VLAN/Subnet.

Any other ways to make this happen?

Thanks in advance for your good news :)

15 Replies 15

OK, soooo...... I didn't care about this new twist personally, but the boss wanted to find out if this could be done. The issue, when our end users click the button to reauthenticate for a website that we very specifically block (example: facebook.com) it brings the login prompt back up, 4 times, before teh user gets the denied page. Is there a way to limit how many times the user is prompted for differnt credentials? I figure it might be based on the limit of failed attempts to the domain, but I could be wrong. Anyhow... what do you think? :)

Thanks!