cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AsyncOS 7.1 User Guide : URL categorisation : wrong abbreviation for category "Paranormal & Occult"

Laurent LE GOFF
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

According to Cisco Ironport AsyncOS 7.1 for Web User guide (November 2010), page 439, "URL Category Description for Cisco Ironport Web Usage Controls" :

URL Category : Paranormal & Occult

Abbreviation : nonm

=> This is false. When I do a test on a WSA running AsyncOS release 7.1.1-038 & using Cisco WUC license, the abbreviation tag returned in the accesslog is "para" and not "nonm"

1340195393.565  1273 10.10.200.4 TCP_MISS/200 3389 GET http://www.bermuda-triangle.org/assets/images/Arrow24thumb.gif - DIRECT/www.bermuda-triangle.org image/gif  DEFAULT_CASE_11-Bypass_authent-10.10.200.0-NONE-NONE-NONE-DefaultGroup  <IW_para,0.0,"0","-",0,0,0,"1","-",-,-,-,"-","1",-,"-","-",-,-,IW_para,-,"Unknown","-","Unknown","Unknown","-","-",21.30,0,-,"-","-">  -

Regards

5 Replies 5

sfiebran
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

thank you for pointing out. The good news are, starting with 7.5 this category already got revised and is not anymore a standalone category.

Thanks again,

-Stephan

Hello Stephan,

What is the last status regarding asyncos 7.5 release ? Is it still in FCS or is it finally in General Availability.

I see that the release note has changed since 18th June, the tag FCS has disappeared but I still do not see it in GA and I did not receive any notification regarding this.

Cisco IronPort AsyncOS 7.5 for Web Security Appliance

Regards

Hi Laurent,

7.5 is still FCS. Thank you for pointing out my error, I should be sure to put back on the FCS label for the 7.5 release notes on the website. We did release a new build for 7.5 that's FCS that should hopefully become GA before too long.

Cheers,

Jennie

Hi Jennie,

Thanks a lot for this feedback. Can you provide a more precise answer than "before too long" ?

Can I expect the GA to be delivered before the end of July ? end of August ?

This 7.5 release is in FCS since the 6th of March, so since more than 3 months now. Usually, your FCS releases never last more than one month, what is causing such delays here ? Are you facing some troubles with it ?

Regards

Hi Laurent,

I'm "just" a tech writer, so I'm not really authorized to talk about upcoming release dates.  (I don't want to upset our product managers!)   But I can tell you that if we're delaying a GA release it's because we're fixing bugs, so it's better to wait for a better quality product. =)  At some risk, I'll say that a guess of by late August is much safer than late July.  If you want more details, talk to your Cisco sales rep.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: