Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Block File Attachment Upload for Gmail & Hotmail

Hi,

I need Block File Attachment Upload in the followings applications: Gmail and Hotmail.

These appliacations use ports 80 and 443. Ironport has this option but only for "Access policies"  and I need apply also in the "Decryption policies"

Access policies has Applications option.

accesspolicies.jpg

gmail 1.jpg

But Decryption Policies don present this option...

decrip.jpg

who can help me with this question ?

Regards,

YMD

3 Replies 3

Michael Cole
Level 1
Level 1

YMD,

I believe you will need to go to Security Services / HTTPS Proxy Settings  and check the box for '

We have found that users can get to blocked google services (i.e., GoogleDrive) unless we allow deeper inspection of the traffic.

Hi Michael,

I apply that option "Enable decryption for enhanced application visibility and control", but don´t understand how can block attached files for gmail or hotmail applications.

Access Policies has the option,  but decryption policies don´t has.

Can you help me ?

Can you help me, whith these requeriments?

YMD,

I am not exactly clear on what you are asking - with both 'Enable Decryption for enhanced Visibilty and Control' and blocking the webmail file upload/download in Access policies, does that resolve the issue for you?

As for *how* it works, I think you are effectively talking apples and oranges, since the Access policy deals with how things are accessed/no accessed (file upload/download blocked/allowed), where the Decyption policy isn't 'access' so much as deeper traffic inspection.  They are two separate things...  if that makes sense.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: