Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Block File Attachment Upload for Gmail & Hotmail

Hi,

I need Block File Attachment Upload in the followings applications: Gmail and Hotmail.

These appliacations use ports 80 and 443. Ironport has this option but only for "Access policies"  and I need apply also in the "Decryption policies"

Access policies has Applications option.

accesspolicies.jpg

gmail 1.jpg

But Decryption Policies don present this option...

decrip.jpg

who can help me with this question ?

Regards,

YMD

3 Replies 3

Michael Cole
Level 1
Level 1

YMD,

I believe you will need to go to Security Services / HTTPS Proxy Settings  and check the box for '

We have found that users can get to blocked google services (i.e., GoogleDrive) unless we allow deeper inspection of the traffic.

Hi Michael,

I apply that option "Enable decryption for enhanced application visibility and control", but don´t understand how can block attached files for gmail or hotmail applications.

Access Policies has the option,  but decryption policies don´t has.

Can you help me ?

Can you help me, whith these requeriments?

YMD,

I am not exactly clear on what you are asking - with both 'Enable Decryption for enhanced Visibilty and Control' and blocking the webmail file upload/download in Access policies, does that resolve the issue for you?

As for *how* it works, I think you are effectively talking apples and oranges, since the Access policy deals with how things are accessed/no accessed (file upload/download blocked/allowed), where the Decyption policy isn't 'access' so much as deeper traffic inspection.  They are two separate things...  if that makes sense.