Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Alternative to WebRoot

Scott Hanson
Level 3
Level 3

Hello everyone,

1 of my issues is that for several of my users throughput seems to be reduced with using the WebRoot Proxy Server.  We have the cloud based service.   We have a central site where most of the remote sites come in over an MPLS to get to the Internet.  This site has an ASA5510.  A few of the larger remote sites have dedicated Internet local to them and they have ASA5505s in place.

Does Cisco offer an alternative that would fit the bill?  I guess one of the advantages of the cloud based system is that even when the users are working away from the office the policies are still in place.

Thanks in advance!  All replies rated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes.. Cisco Cloud Web Security (used to be Scan Safe)  http://www.cisco.com/web/products/security/cloud_web/index.html

If you upgrade your ASA's to 9.x, you can redirect web traffic to their cloud, plus you can use a plugin for the AnyConnect VPN client to point roaming laptops to their cloud as well.

Your other options are on-premise devices, either the Web Security Appliance... or ASA-CX's (probably not an option since you have gear in place).

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Yes.. Cisco Cloud Web Security (used to be Scan Safe)  http://www.cisco.com/web/products/security/cloud_web/index.html

If you upgrade your ASA's to 9.x, you can redirect web traffic to their cloud, plus you can use a plugin for the AnyConnect VPN client to point roaming laptops to their cloud as well.

Your other options are on-premise devices, either the Web Security Appliance... or ASA-CX's (probably not an option since you have gear in place).

Thanks!  Just to confirm, none of the on-premise devices can get this done when laptops are off the network correct?

Correct.  You can force the issue with things like Always-On VPN and have the firewall push a proxy config over, or you could do a hybrid approach, and put an on-prem box in, and have the roaming clients go to the cloud, AnyConnect is smart enough to do that...

Ken

Thanks Ken!