Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco S100V Secure Web Appliance VM DISK ALMOST FULL

FrejusMA
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco Community

Happy New Year. (apologies for my english)

I am using a Cisco S100V secure web appliance with  version AsyncOS 14.5.0 for Web build 537, it is currently running on a VM. My Reporting/Logging Disk is currently at 82%. I'm deleting reporting/logging every day. I am using these commands : DELETEDB, DELETEEXPORTDB and DELETEJOURNAL. I also empty daily the proxy CACHE. But even after all these actions,  performed repeatedly, the disk only decrease for 1%.

How can I empty completely that disk or at least drastically? I'm told I could not extend the disk for the S100V above 250 Go which was my very first option.

see below a result of STATUS command

Enter "status detail" for more information.

Status as of: Thu Jan 19 19:12:21 2023 GMT
Up since: Mon Jan 16 13:50:35 2023 GMT (3d 5h 21m 46s)
System Resource Utilization:
CPU 11.7%
RAM 11.6%
Reporting/Logging Disk 82%
Transactions per Second: Average in last minute 11
Bandwidth (Mbps): Average in last minute 0.582
Response Time (ms): Average in last minute 580
Connections: Total connections 394

Thanks is adcance for your replies

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

amojarra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @FrejusMA 

[1] If you want to extend the disk, I believe you need to change to S300 or S600 as mentioned ( as mentioned before) 

[2] also you can compress your logs, from GUI>> System Administration >> Log Subscriptions >> select the log >> then enable the Log Compression

[3] you can connect to FTP with your management IP, If you want to backup your files, or delete the old log files 

( to enable FTP : GUI >> Network >> interfaces >> Edit Settings >> make sure FTP is enabled ) 

[4] another thing is you can have some external log servers and push the logs there ( you can keep lower number of logs in your WSA , just in case on troubleshooting, and push same log to log server , you need to create 2 separate log, under Log Subscriptions - as mentioned in Item [2] ) 

[5] if you are facing some proxy crash (service outage) there might be some core files generated on your device, so its better if you have the experience of outage, consult TAC support.  

Regards,

Amirhossein Mojarrad

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

++++   If you find this answer helpful, please rate it as such  ++++

View solution in original post

Thanks @amojarra 

Will try your solution and comeback to you asap

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

amojarra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @FrejusMA 

[1] If you want to extend the disk, I believe you need to change to S300 or S600 as mentioned ( as mentioned before) 

[2] also you can compress your logs, from GUI>> System Administration >> Log Subscriptions >> select the log >> then enable the Log Compression

[3] you can connect to FTP with your management IP, If you want to backup your files, or delete the old log files 

( to enable FTP : GUI >> Network >> interfaces >> Edit Settings >> make sure FTP is enabled ) 

[4] another thing is you can have some external log servers and push the logs there ( you can keep lower number of logs in your WSA , just in case on troubleshooting, and push same log to log server , you need to create 2 separate log, under Log Subscriptions - as mentioned in Item [2] ) 

[5] if you are facing some proxy crash (service outage) there might be some core files generated on your device, so its better if you have the experience of outage, consult TAC support.  

Regards,

Amirhossein Mojarrad

++++   If you find this answer helpful, please rate it as such  ++++

Thanks @amojarra 

Will try your solution and comeback to you asap

Hello @amojarra 

Thanks for your help, the item 3 works for me. I connect to my WSA via FTP and was able to delete (I back them up first on an external server) the old logs which significantly free up some space.

Many thanks

so happy to hear that @FrejusMA   

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: