cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco S170 WSA - "URL Filtering Bypassed" ?

jsheehy13
Level 1
Level 1

We have been noticing for the past few days that our Cisco WSA S170 is now showing "URL Filtering Bypassed" for nearly every transaction that goes through.

We also ran a few traces and noticed that the traces are showing "URL Filtering Bypassed" and everyyhing is being allowed.  I notice that this problem began occurring after Thursday November 20th.  Also, when I go into Acceptable User Controls I see that it has been saying "Attention - Updates in progress" for quite some time now.  I have attached a screen shot.  I'm wondering if something is corrupted and needs to be cleared out.  I have also opened a support request with TAC...but if anyone has any info..I would be appreciative.  We are running version 8.0.6-119 for Web.

7 Replies 7

jsheehy13
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, so what TAC is saying is that we need to re-accept the EULA.  Not sure why this would have happened all of a sudden.  The problem is, we accepted the EULA months ago.  THey are going to get back to me and hopefully supply an update or workaround.

If anyone knows how to re-accept the EULA, please let me know...thank you

IIRC, you get the EULA on the Feature Keys page...

Yeah, but the EULA page was accepted months ago...and there nothing to accept now.  The woman from TAC said that she has to find out how to get the EULA to reset...

did they get you fixed?

Other possibilities that came to me:

• Disable all security services/Commit/Renable.
  • Get them to issue new feature keys with a new end date (1 day later for example)

They still haven't figured it out yet...I did what you said, and disabled/reanable...and I HAD them issue brand new keys...but it did not help the situation.

Time to give them a deadline... fixed or they ship you a new one... (S170s have no hot swap parts, so they have to do that for drive replacements, etc...)

Absolutely, the only thing I can swap out are the SSDs...but they need to fix this caus I'm not wasting anymore time.  I have the config backup, I'm hoping they can send me a replacement...and I can just load the config....(and hopefully the problem doesn't return)