cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WSA not showing all available OS upgrades

Joe Silver
Level 1
Level 1

Currently running 8.5.2-027 on our Cisco WSA S370.  When I check available upgrades directly from the appliance I only see the two below options:

AsyncOS 8.8.0 build 085

AsyncOS 8.5.3 build 069

I know that version 9 is available but why doesn't it show this version as an option?

Thanks Guys!

Joe

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Siddharth Rajpathak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Joe,

The S370 appliances would need to have 8 GB RAM in order to upgrade to 9.0 version.

Could you please check if your S370 has 8 GB RAM using the CLI command - ipcheck?

If it has 8 GB RAM, then please open a TAC case and provide us the serial number. We will permit the 9.0 upgrade for your appliance.

If it has 4 GB RAM, then please let us know and we can provide additional RAM so that you can upgrade to AsyncOS version 9.0.

Thanks,

Sid

View solution in original post

Open a TAC case with this box's serial number.

They will ship you ram, and provision the box for the upgrade (not sure what order... )

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Per the release notes you should be able to go to 9.0.1

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/security/wsa/wsa9-0/WSA_9-0-x_Release_Notes.pdf

I'd open a TAC case.

Siddharth Rajpathak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Joe,

The S370 appliances would need to have 8 GB RAM in order to upgrade to 9.0 version.

Could you please check if your S370 has 8 GB RAM using the CLI command - ipcheck?

If it has 8 GB RAM, then please open a TAC case and provide us the serial number. We will permit the 9.0 upgrade for your appliance.

If it has 4 GB RAM, then please let us know and we can provide additional RAM so that you can upgrade to AsyncOS version 9.0.

Thanks,

Sid

Siddharth I ran the command and it appears that we only have 4GB.  4 x 1GB sticks.  I'll need the additional RAM.  What is my next step?

RAM 1 A               Empty
  RAM 1 B               Empty
  RAM 2 A               1024M ECC 1333MHz
  RAM 2 B               Empty
  RAM 3 A               1024M ECC 1333MHz
  RAM 3 B               Empty
  RAM 4 A               Empty
  RAM 4 B               Empty
  RAM 5 A               1024M ECC 1333MHz
  RAM 5 B               Empty
  RAM 6 A               1024M ECC 1333MHz
  RAM 6 B               Empty
  RAM 7 A               Empty
  RAM 7 B               Empty
  RAM 8 A               Empty
  RAM 8 B               Empty
  RAM 9 A               Empty
  RAM 9 B               Empty
  RAM Total             0G

Thanks,

Joe

Open a TAC case with this box's serial number.

They will ship you ram, and provision the box for the upgrade (not sure what order... )

Thank you both.  Submitting a TAC case now.