Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WSA S170

philbert_manalo
Level 1
Level 1

hi ,

I am trying create a back up of our Cisco WSA S170 on VM, what will I download? S000V or S100v? i would want to load my existing policy on this virtual appliance. thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Handy Putra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Would recommend to use S100V and not recommending S000V since S000V intended for testing and evaluation purposes and not recommend for production traffic.

If you need to load your existing configuration file to the virtual WSA, make sure that the AsyncOS version is identical between S170 and the virtual WSA and also make sure to not tick the 'mask password' when you saved the configuration file from the S170 else the virtual WSA unable to read the configuration file when you uploaded it

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Tao Yang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

S100v is recommended for production environment where S000v is recommended for demo, self practise. 

Additionally you can only export/import configuration file between the same AsyncOS version WSA.

Handy Putra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Would recommend to use S100V and not recommending S000V since S000V intended for testing and evaluation purposes and not recommend for production traffic.

If you need to load your existing configuration file to the virtual WSA, make sure that the AsyncOS version is identical between S170 and the virtual WSA and also make sure to not tick the 'mask password' when you saved the configuration file from the S170 else the virtual WSA unable to read the configuration file when you uploaded it