cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Client Certificate Authentication to Cloud SAP through Cisco WSA

doverture
Level 1
Level 1

I was required to find a solution for some SAP clients. These clients now are regularly connecting to internal SAP system through Cisco WSA basic authentication (user,password). However the customer is going to migrate to SAP in cloud and they want to enforce security: they want to use certificate authentication. Can you help me to find a solution?

They are not using HTTPS proxy services by now, but I think that they should start using that.

Regards

DN

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

High level yes and this need to be tested as per the requirement.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure here HTTPS decryption help here.

as per the client's requirement to use certificate-based authentication, not decryption, need more clarity here.

BB

Hello Balaji and thanks for your response. You are right and I'm little bit confused: Certificate Based Authentication is required and not decryption. So, to do that, we've just add the Root CA on the Custom Trusted Certificate list on WSA?

Thanks in advance.

DN

If this Trust Cert form Public providers (not local) WSA already have them already) until you looking any Local PKI Infrastructure.

BB

Thank you Balaji, in the Advancedproxyconfig->Https command, Action to be taken when HTTPS servers ask for client certificate during
handshake: must be set to  Pass through the transaction, right?

Regards

DN

High level yes and this need to be tested as per the requirement.

BB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: