Views
Helpful
Replies

Clustering doubts

tharunraj22
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we have placed an order for a pair of Ironport WSA (S 160) which we have to put in cluster. Can any one help me how can I acheive this. 

Can I configure WSA similar as ESA by using clusterconfig command?

Do we require an extra feature key?

Can I configure both in active/active or active/standby modes?

How can i configure cluster in WSA. Can you explain step by step.

I have not seen any explanation regarding clustering in the user guide. Only WCCP cluster is explained. Is this the same cluster.  

Best Regards,

Tharun

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

clusterconfig isn't an option in WSA.

You don't need a seperate key for clustering.

Clustering on the WSA is based on how you get the traffic to the box, they two boxes don't actually talk to one another.

If you use WCCP, you can be in active/active mode.  I've not fiddled with it too much, but active/standby might be an option.

If you use a PAC file or direct proxy settings, you can be in active/standby or active/active, depending upon what other gear you have available...  If you have a DNS load balancer, where the DNS server hands out addresses based on whether something is up or not, you could be active/active or active/standby...  Or if you use a content switch, and put the WSA's behind it, you could get either active/actice or active/standby.

My opinion is that WCCP is your best option... Its cleaner...

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

clusterconfig isn't an option in WSA.

You don't need a seperate key for clustering.

Clustering on the WSA is based on how you get the traffic to the box, they two boxes don't actually talk to one another.

If you use WCCP, you can be in active/active mode.  I've not fiddled with it too much, but active/standby might be an option.

If you use a PAC file or direct proxy settings, you can be in active/standby or active/active, depending upon what other gear you have available...  If you have a DNS load balancer, where the DNS server hands out addresses based on whether something is up or not, you could be active/active or active/standby...  Or if you use a content switch, and put the WSA's behind it, you could get either active/actice or active/standby.

My opinion is that WCCP is your best option... Its cleaner...

Thanks Ken ..