Views
Helpful
Replies

Communication Lost with Administration portal - S370 v6.3.7-018

ldesmasures
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have 2 S370 Web appliance configured in Failover in explicit mode using .pac file.

Those S370 are in version 6.3.7-018. 2 Interfaces are configured on each S370 :

M1 : for management only

P1 : for proxy (data) client flows.

All of these interfaces are configured in the same Network and connected on the same switch (with differents IPs :-)).

With this configuration we encounter administration problem : randomly when browsing the menu for configuration or monitoring/reporting, the communication is lost with the portal : the browser displays an error like if the administration port (TCP 8443) were closed.

During this problem, the are no problem for the client browsing Internet using the proxy and the management ip address of the Ironport is still responding to icmp request.

We already checked interface negociation problem : no result. And there are no errors on the switch ports on which the interfaces are connected. The problem is present for the both devices and we tested from a workstation on the same subnet => the problem is present (not a router/firewall problem).

I want to know if someone has already seen this problem ?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Juan Ramos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you please confirm that the pac file has two DIRECT statements for the proxies?

Unless there is a configuration on the proxies that tries to also listen on port 8443, the communication link sounds OK.

If you collect a packet capture on the client, you can confirm if proxyA responds with a tcp reset when you were managing proxyB.

Thanks,

Juan

Hi Juan,

I forgot to say that the problem we encounter can be reproduced without a proxy configuration and without any .pac file.

Unfortunately, I didn't get any sniffer trace of this because we were unable to install a capture software on the workstation.

Thanks