Views
Helpful
Replies

Create policy to disabled the video straming

Ahmed Hassabo
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All

i need to creat polict to Disabled the Viedo streaming but allow user to open the Site as example

i nned to allow user to open Youtube.com web site but not able to paly and watch the viedo ...

please any idea

3 Replies 3

In Application Visibility and Control, you can stop them from uploading, and from posting text.  If you want to stop them from viewing, set the bandwidth limit very low... 

One issue you'll run into is that the bandwidth limit is set for all video sites controlled by AVC, you can't set it per app...

You could set the limit low, and open other apps up, but those apps would be completely open, no limit.

Dear thaks for you

but in the user guide version 7.1.0 under topic called "New Feature: Application Visibility and Control"

the guide says

For example, you can block streaming media from sports sites, but

not news sites.

Can i do this using AVC ? if i can how can make the policy

dpettitt
Level 1
Level 1

Ahmed,

we had the exact same scenario. We wanted to filter sports content and not news content from a well known news site. With help from support, we manged to use a regular expression for the sports media content and applied it to a custom URL category that blocked it.

Using packet tracing, establish the URL (In our example, http://playlists.domain.co.uk/sports/>)

So the regex for the above was:  playlists\.domain\.co\.uk/sport/

hope this helps.